Monday, November 07, 2005

Who's fault...orion article...consumer season

1. I overheard two women talking...arguing with loud voices rather...about who's fault it is. Well, who really cares? My opinon is just get it done, whatever "it" is, the fastest, easiest way possible...I try not to argue with people.

2. Some of you may know that I work at the YMCA with computer labs. So you would think I would be all about giving kids access to computers at any age. Well, I read an article in Orion titled "Charlotte's Webpage" that I really agree with,..and it argues for keeping children connected to the "real" world.
http://www.oriononline.org/pages/om/05-5om/Monke_FT.html

3. It must be close to Christmas time...I walked through Downtown Crossing today, and saw the big tree being put up..among the masses of lunchtime people and ringing bells...what sights, sounds, and smells! A nearby window said "get ready"...ready for what? Ready to Spend, SPend, SPEND!! I thought...well, ..yeah..whatever..I'm not that into the consumer culture either\.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home