Thursday, November 10, 2005

Senior citizens

I was teaching a group of seniors how to scan pictures at Roxbury YMCA today. I asked them about technology 5,10,20 years ago. They had a lot to say. I asked one of them if she had the magical power to snap her fingers and take all the (compuer) technology away, would she. She said no very quickly...and then said keep the technology, add some ethics classes and "how to be human" classes.

I think seniors have a lot of experience that us young "whippersnappers" probably don't learn from..just to sit and listen, and ask good questions...
We must make it more intentional...the learning from each other...I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger bigchainring said...

Thanks Martin ..
CyberY is working with a group of seniors at Roxbury YMCA. I will show this to them.

By the way...how did you find this blog?...I'm always curious to know..

matt

10:52 AM, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home