Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pessimism's raining bell

Today is a rainy day:(...but I tell people that you need rain to make things green...and one of the big differences I see between west coast and east coast is that on WC, it rains in a drizzly--slow--"rain all day" kind of way. On the EC, when it rains, it dumps the rain quickly, and then the sun comes back to play..usually.

Today's front page of the Metro newspaper has two articles about killing, and one big picture of building relationships. It's a start, but I think newspapers in general can and should report more good happening in the world, and figure out a way to make it "sexy" and readable. See this article (PDF file) from the Sun Magazine. Secrets Of PronoiaHow The World Is Conspiring To Shower You With Blessings (by: Rob Brezsny).

I found a post card-sized menu for the restaurant Aquitaine on the T today...there are no prices...hmmm..that's when I know it is an expensive place, and the items sound very French..."Lemon Sole Meuniere with pommes puree"...I like sole (the fish) in general..but wonder if I would like this..

So another reason I know the holidays are coming: I was walking on Washington street towards the Training, Inc office and heard the familiar Goodwill bell..shoot....I forgot..is it the Goodwill bell..oh yeah..it's the salvation army bell....

At work, I'm learning that communication is very important, and very delicate...especially at the beginning of the relationship...also the power of breaking bread (having lunch) with someone you want to work more effectively with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home