Tuesday, March 02, 2010

creative fries taste with sake's twist







in the pics: adventures of new york: brooklyn bridge is big; the burritos are so so;
NYSE bull was a popular picture destination; the new found fry discovery (also so so ); the sake was not kickin enough.

3/2
Interview success…at the new york city fellows program. now we’ll wait six weeks to see if they like what they saw and heard. It will be EXPENSIVE to live in NYC. But oh so interesting…

New experiences …poutine…fries, cheese chunks, and gravy. I guess it’s bit in French/Canada. It was good. Not spicy at all. Then a carafe of sake. Not enough “bite.” Had a corona with five pieces of lime in it…that was good! I had fries special and sake with a guy from Argentina and one from germany. Definitely international at the hostel.

Random ideas…picture book “finding humanity in NYC.” Wondering if there is an equation to measure the flight of the water droplets falling from the top of the Brooklyn bridge.

I went for a walk in Central Park today with my friend Marc, who I met at the hostel. We met a man, who is a teacher (imagine that). We talked for a (short) bit, since we were outside, with snow on the ground. Three things he said I thought were interesting:
*Don’t become a tyrant.
*Be true to yourself.
*Go to craigslist.com and click on “shared” in apartments section. I want to live with 3-4 other people. We’ll see how much that costs.
Thanks david. I hope your dogs didn’t get too cold on the walk through the park.


3/1
I’m in NYC for a job interview—teaching high school…maybe math or science. I’m staying at a hostel called “Village Inn.” It’s a nice place, although I don’t have many hostels to compare this to.
I was in my room (shared with 5 other guys), and I saw some keys on the floor, which one of the guys on the top bunk asked me to throw to him.
“nice toss.” Well, after you live in samoa, you may develop a competency with accurately throwing things. Samoans are very good with all “things” physical. I mean they work with their hands most of the time—doing chores and gathering and preparing food. Something else I will lose as I come back to the “American” way.


2/22
I’m watching the Olympics. Fast skiing. Big crashes. And there’s the beer commercial with Lance Armstrong. That’s not living strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home