Monday, June 05, 2006

potatoes cause global warming?

1. A guy in a blue shirt (masspirg) tried to get me to give $15/month to support them in their fight against global warming. Well, I told him that I can’t afford that right now. I asked if he had any info I could take with me. He said “no” he didn’t. that’s too bad…that’s how I process information. I think they should have some info people can take with them. And I said this at a moveon gathering, “how does all this abstract stuff about the environment affect me on a daily, concrete level?”..hmmm.. he said that he's expecting government to ration gas this summer..

2. Potatoes in a tub…what will they think of next. How far from nature is this?….VERY far. I read an article in Orion Magazine recently that talks about how humans are becoming more removed from nature by all the processing and packaging of our foods…well potatoes in a tub is about as far removed as I can think of. I didn’t read the ingredients label…and that was probably a good thing.
((well, no picture today...bloggers image tool isn't working:(_))


http://www.oriononline.org/pages/om/05-5om/Berry.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home