Monday, April 12, 2010

fish with personality and birks





in the pics: a painting from one of my mom's friends--char; my feet in birkenstocks, but they were cold and wanted to be in thick white socks.

“they don’t sell non gutted fish.”
That’s my mom, talking about buying fish in good ol’ US of A. having returned from Peace corps, where I served in Samoa, I got very used to seeing whole fish. I even cleaned a few fish. My family usually did this job. As a teacher, I was not expected to do it. I almost had to force my way into doing a job like this. I miss pulling the head off and taking the guts out of my fish for dinner.

“I don’t want to eat too much, I might gain weight.” I’ve been noticing the weight I’m putting on when I eat like I did when I was in high school. I guess that was a while ago.

Sometimes it’s so hard to put on socks and shoes, after being in Birkenstock for two years. My feet get sweaty in the thick cotton socks. But then I remember it’s cold. Isn’t there a happy compromise?

My “costume” which is only worn when I do a presentation about peace corps. Maybe when it’s a bit warmer…

T4A pilot personality test: I occasionally find it difficult to stand up to people at higher levels within the organization. I wonder where that came from. Oh well, both the teaching opportunities I was applying for said no. So now I’m looking at financial consultant, and working for the government.

Hope. Pray. Act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home