Friday, September 01, 2006

Finland's 2cents for Success


1. I’m doing a (free online) personal development program called “year to success” I’m on day 145: Success is Health. Here is a quote from the lesson that caught my attention. "Health is not just the absence of disease or illness, it is the presence of vitality. It is the lifelong process of prevention and commitment to wellness." It got me thinking about my right foot's arch that has been bothering me lately. I think it's because I wear shoes that don't have high arches. If anyone has suggestions for work-type shoes with high arches, please let me know. I just purchased a few pairs of Aldo shoes, but there may be something better. This lesson also makes me wonder about all the other people who live willingly with some sort of pain. It doesn't have to be this way...but it's weird to think about it. Bo's (the creator) tip of the day was to look at health effects of cow's milk vs. soy milk...hmmm..I drike 1-3 glasses of 1% every day..I do add some chocolate soy milk...yummy www.yeartosuccess.com

2. I was walking down the street near Government center and heard the jingling of change in a guy's cup. He asked me for money, and when I said no, I don't have a lot, I work at the YMCA, he said "I know they don't pay well."...I thought about monetary pay vs. personal/spiritual growth payment. He also said "you only live once." I'm totally into that..which is why I'm trying to do different/weird/unique things--like yoga retreats and zimbabwe--and peace corps.

3. I saw a Finlandia record in GoodWill...I thought that was cool! The Finland connection is everywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home