Monday, September 18, 2006

Mt. Washington's yummy Food

sun magazine discussion and free music at the end of this post...

1. I was with a hiking group this weekend, going up up up to the summit of Mt. Washington--aka. the worst weather in AMerica. It seemed really sunny and calm with a light breeze...not anything of bad weather. I just wanted to say it was awesome to meet new people and see people I already know—even if I forgot your names!(amy..) During breakfast Sunday I felt that another of my guards went down, and I felt really relaxed—The people on the hike feel like my extended family. It feels really cool! I’m sending appreciation beams to each of you.

2. I closed my eyes and noticed the overlay of sounds: constant buzz of bugs, water down at the creek, and random birds calling to each other. I sat on a table Sunday night near Davis square (back in civilization) and compared sounds: cars, busses, music from cars, horns, dogs, and people talking…

3. As usual, the food was yummy, even at the random restaurant that is still open at 10pm..i guess 13 hours of hiking can make anything taste good…no it’s the cheese that makes it taste good!

4. Here is a poem I didn’t get a chance to read.I thought it matched the weekend’s theme of questions, and seeing big bright star field at night!

"Stars"

In places where air still offers clarity,
stars sing a siren song from space
in the bright night.

Lying on soft earth,
carried into sky by longing,
humans respond to stars
with questions. Why is the Universe
so vast? Why are we sp small?

Call and response through the night.

My whole life I have sent
these questions into space. And
listened for response.

Then sky wakens and star song fades.
Humans forget the mystery and get on with living.
But the stars, the stars
keep calling. No response.

Why is it that we call to
stars with science and insignificance?

On the next bright night,
find the clear air and ask again.
Humans, ask again. Who are we?
What is our place in mystery?

Perhaps you will hear what I
have heard, a song of inner
radiance.

For the stars
the stars are calling

saying we must
turn to one another
turn to one another and see
finally see
the stars everywhere.
--Margaret Wheatley


Now..some advertisements for things I like...
5. I'm co-leading a sun magazine discussion group in boston.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunboston/

Free classical,orchestral, symphonic, jazz, funk, percussion, etc..music is COOL.
There is a free concert almost every night of the week!
http://www.newenglandconservatory.edu/
www.longy.edu

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Hi Matt!

I feel like you're extended family, too! So happy you were on the weekend. We will have to arrange the poetry reading better next time.

Thanks for posting the poem about stars. Sleeping under them for the first time in my life Friday night, I was overcome with emotion . . .love, sorrow, delight, awe . . .realizing as clearly as the stars were bright, that we are all part of the Source.

hugs~Kim

1:54 PM, September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home