Wednesday, May 12, 2010

God loves Salvador's food






in the pics: adventures in food: homemade chips (with oil, curry, and tumeric), chili and cheese, lasagna for mother's day.
May 2
Went to portland to visit my grandma, and went to a church (Vancouver First Church of God, www.vanfcog.org) with my friend (ok, old babysitter) cindy. I liked it. Some notes now:
The sermon mentioned the word “shema” (or maybe “shama”). I don’t know what this word means.
The sermon was from the pastor, on a video screen. I didn’t like that. It seemed impersonal. I’d rather have someone else do the sermon in person.
“We are created for good works in Christ.” I like this.
On average, a church has 40 hours per year with a child. That’s not very much time. What about the other 8720 hours in the year?
Sacred connections
“putting God in a box.” How about taking God out of the box for worship, study, praise, service.
no love=secular. Can secular include love?
make a God-centered table tent for the dinner table. I like that idea.
doing business with God.
Rhythms of God---the orange lady (you had to be there).
and after church we went to the church library and I found a book: See you at the top (zig ziglar)
I took my grandma to a restaurant named Salvador Molly’s (www.salvadormollys.com) in Portland—with a 2 for 1 courtesy of Groupon.com. An international experience, I had an Ethiopian dish (too salty). Grandma had coconut prawns. She said sauted prawns are better. I also had the guacamole. WAY too salty. The fresh salsa was a yummy alternative.
Speaking of food, I went to the library, and got two food books: a big book of juices and smoothies, and the 200 very best paninis I will ever taste. (well, I probably won’t try all 200).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home